A New Year. Let’s hope 2017 is less traumatic, shall we?
It’s time to dust off the recording equipment, practice my vocalizations, and update all my studio software.
It’s time for a new #WordCountPodcast.
You know we have a Facebook page, right? I’m guessing not as we have over 1500 downloads per episode and only 93 followers. To you 93, I say “Huzzah!” Now that I have scared my cat, I will actually post the link for the Word Count Podcast Facebook page. Give it a like?
We get to a 1000 likes this season and one lucky follower with become the subject of a future show! Weird? Yep. Aggressive? Yep. We like it weird and aggressive here.
So, then. Episode 62.
We are going to do things a little bit different to start the year. Yes, we are soliciting stories as usual. But for the January podcast, we ask that you write a story based on TWO (2) criteria:
- A Picture (below)
- Use the month of January in your setting.
So the visual prompt:
Oooooh! What happens next! That, dear sinners, is up to you!
Thinking of writing something for the show? Please do! All submissions are welcome!
If you want to listen to past (free) shows, the links below will take you to them:
There are Sixty-one shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT PODCAST – EPISODE 62 “January”
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Friday 20 January 2017 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story based on the picture above and the month of “January.”
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
- Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is <state your name> author of <state your work(s)> and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 20 January 2017. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.
***NOTE: I will NOT accept stories that are discriminatory in ANY WAY (whether it be by race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.) or that include rape. ***