For April, the picture selected for our prompt was from our own Bill Kirton, Word Count Irregular par excellence.
But before revealing the prompt, I must beg you all to get your friends to like the #WordCountPodcast Facebook page. I'll be posting some new content there shortly, exclusively for fans of the show who liked the page.
Telling you what I'll be posting would be playing fair. Stay tuned!
But here's the link to the page. Spread the word won't you? We have a goal of 1000 likes this season!
So, then. Episode 65.
Bill sent in the following:
I thought it was beautiful, a little haunting, and perfect for writers to sink their teeth into. You must also use the month of April in your setting.
What happens next, dear sinners, is entirely up to you!
Thinking of writing something for the show? Please do! All submissions are welcome!
If you want to listen to past (free) shows, the links below will take you to them:
There are Sixty-four shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT PODCAST - EPISODE 65 “The Woods in April”
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Friday 28 April 2017 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story based on the picture above and the month of “April.”
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
- Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is <state your name> author of <state your work(s)> and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast.”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 28 April 2017. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.
***NOTE: I will NOT accept stories that are discriminatory in ANY WAY (whether it be by race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.) or that include rape. ***