Forest of Wonder
The month of May is one of my favorite times of the year. Life is blossoming everywhere, the days grow longer and the sun begins to warm my old bones. I’ve always thought of this month as the “month of the fae” so I wanted a fitting, magical landscape picture to go with that sense of wonder:
Pretty and mysterious! I can’t wait to see what the Word Count Irregulars make of this one!
The guidelines for submission to the show are below–and anyone can send in a story for consideration. I’m always open to new writers and new ideas.
I would love to hear from you, either with a story submission or via social media. I have a Facebook Page that could use a few ‘likes.’ The more listeners and contributors we have, the better the shows can be.
There are nearly 500 original stories at this point—all free for your listening pleasure, all we ask is for people to help get the word out. Click the link:
If you want to listen to the past (free) shows, the links below will take you to them:
There are eighty-five shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT PODCAST – EPISODE 86 “Forest of Wonder”
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Saturday 25 May 2019 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story in English based on the picture theme above.
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
• Your pen name
• Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
• Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fan page, etc.
• Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
• A photo of you I can use for the show notes
• At the end of your recording, please add “This is the author of […] and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast.”
• Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
• PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to email@example.com (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 25 May 2019. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but I will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.
***NOTE: I will NOT accept stories that are discriminatory in ANY WAY (whether it be by race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.), or that include rape. ***