What does that mean? I have no idea–so lets move along…
The #wordcountpodcast provides YOU the listener with free original stories by brilliant authors–the ‘peeps’ I euphemistically call the Word Count Irregulars.
Over 300 stories, over 80 authors. And we are still going! Now it’s time to open up episode 55 for submissions!
A new three-word prompt is on tap for this show:
DOG, WHEELCHAIR, ADDICTION
You must construct a story using all three words. Anyone can write, read and record a submission! The submission guidelines are below, but first–and for those unfamiliar with the show…
The Word Count Podcast is truly one of my joys. I direct, produce, write and host the show—and also come up with the various themes our writers—The “Word Count Irregulars”—use to create unique and brilliant stories.
All for the listener and lovers of great storytelling.
There are no endorsements…no paid stories. It’s all done for the love of the written word. And downloads are always free. Always.
The only thing I ask is a little help via social media to point folks at the show.
To start listening go to either my Libsyn Page or to iTunes:
There are Fifty Four shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT EPISODE 55 – “Dog, wheelchair, addiction.”
Submission Guidelines (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY as they have recently CHANGED)
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by FRIDAY 11 March 2016 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story based on the three words: “Dog, wheelchair, addiction.“
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
- Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is <state your name> author of <state your work(s)> and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 11 March 2016. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.