(EDITED: Now Stephen has posted the article on his blog and it’s a bit easier to read)
How cool is that?
Overall, he liked the show, barring a few sound-related issues with one story, which of course was more my issue.
But the bulk of the article focused on what we focus on. Namely telling a short story based on a prompt for the enjoyment of our listeners.
And I believe the #WordCountIrregulars do just that.
It’s my distinct honor to run this show and I want to send a heartfelt “Cheers!” to the fans that have followed us for so many years.
Without you, there would be no podcast.
Okay, then. Before I begin to weep uncontrollably, let’s get to the links to hear the podcast and see the prompt for Episode 59, shall we?
To start listening go to either my Libsyn Page or to iTunes:
There are Fifty Eight shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT EPISODE 59 Prompt:
We shall return to our “Three Word Format” this week:
NEWSPAPER, CIGARETTE, and SCOTCH.
Submission Guidelines (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY as they have recently CHANGED)
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Friday 19 AUGUST 2016 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story and contain ALL three words somewhere in your story. The three words are, of course NEWSPAPER, CIGARETTE, and SCOTCH.
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
- Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is <state your name> author of <state your work(s)> and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by Friday 19 August 2016 . You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.