Holy crap, it’s September already! And that means we are about to celebrate the 6th anniversary of the #WordCountPodcast!
Six years. Sixty shows…well, nearly.
But we all know nearly isn’t good enough, so let’s open up submissions for episode sixty!
But you’ll need a prompt, won’t you?
Well. How about:
KEY, CHARMING, and COMPUTER. I totally pulled that out of my are. Let’s run with it!
I have all the faith in the world that participating authors in the show–those intrepid adventurers I call the #WordCountIrregulars-will make some magic for us.
And anyone can become a #WordCountIrregular. Just write and record a story for the show based on the prompt and follow the guidelines below.
It’s my distinct honor to run this show and I want to send a heartfelt “Cheers!” to the fans that have followed us for so many years.
Without you, there would be no podcast.
To start listening for FREE go to either my Libsyn Page or to iTunes:
There are Fifty Nine shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT EPISODE 60 Prompt:
Submission Guidelines (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Friday 16 September 2016 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story and contain ALL three words somewhere in your story. The three words are, of course: KEY, CHARMING, and COMPUTER.
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes without speaking to me first!
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
- Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is <state your name> author of <state your work(s)> and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by Friday 16 September 2016 . You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.