Oh, this is delicious! Been waiting a while to tell you guys about this one.
Last year, while at ReaderCON, I read a few books, one of which was an anthology called TICK TOCK: Seven Tales of Time. It was published by Wicked Ink Books. Most of the authors in the anthology I hadn’t heard of (shame on me–I’ve since corrected that) but I read all seven stories in about an hour.
Very different, but very, very good.
For 2017, the good people at WIB were putting together another anthology. There would be seven stories from the original authors (Corinne O’Flynn, Kristi Helvig, Rebecca Taylor, Sue Duff, Shawn McGuire, Wendy Terrien, and A.G. Henley) plus two additional stories picked from a series of submissions.
The theme for the “new nine” would be stories inspired by song.
I decided to send in something that I’d been toying with since the 90’s–a story called “Thanksgiving in the Park.”
Long story, short: My story and one by Calypso Kane were accepted.
So. The cover. May I introduce OFF BEAT: Nine Spins on Song available for preorder on Amazon:
FOM THE BACK COVER:
Inspired by favorite songs, nine fantasy and science fiction authors spin tales of adventure, intrigue, mystery, and horror.
- A boy follows his girlfriend’s suicide note to its disturbing conclusion.
- A man must pass on an ancient curse of immortality before his time finally runs out.
- Two lost beings fight for life, for each other, and to find a way home.
- A serial killer from the future, banished to present day, must control her homicidal urges in order to survive.
- A thief and a sex worker find their paths unexpectedly entwined in ways that threaten both of their lives.
- For a caged girl, one hand gives, but the other takes away all she’s ever known.
- To gain their freedom, quarreling townsfolk must find a way to cross a bottomless ravine.
- A man interrupts a monster at work, and is determined to entertain the creature long enough to stay alive.
- When his father’s ghost appears, a businessman is forced to reflect on his life.
I’m excited about this one…proud to have a story of mine picked to stand with some very talented authors. I would be much obliged if you decided to preorder a copy today. And while you’re at it, check out Wicked Ink Books.