9th Halloween Special
This will be the Ninth #WordCountPodcast Halloween Spook-tacular Special!
We’ll be exploring Murder, Mayhem, and Horror this year, so get ready to feel the fear!
Following along with the Season’s theme of landscapes. here is your prompt:
So for this, the #WordCountPodcast‘s NINTH Halloween Special, I want you to cook up a story about the Murder, Mayhem, and Horror.
Make it scary.
We have a Facebook Page that we have a goal of reaching a thousand likes this year. So give it a like or share it with your friends. The more listeners and contributors we have, the better the shows will be.
There are over 500 original stories at this point—all free for your listening pleasure, all we ask is for people to help get the word out. Click the link:
If you want to listen to past (free) shows, the links below will take you to them:
There are 90 shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT PODCAST – EPISODE 91 “Murder, Mayhem, and Horror.”
GENRE: Horror, Dark Fiction
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Saturday 26th October 2019 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original horror or dark fiction story.
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
• Your pen name
• Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST)
• Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fanpage etc.
• Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
• A photo of you I can use for the show notes
• At the end of your recording, please add “This is author of and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast.”
• Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
• PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 26 October 2019. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.
***NOTE: I will NOT accept stories that are discriminatory in ANY WAY (whether it be by race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.) or that include rape. ***