We need a little distraction from world events–so let’s do an OPEN CALL for the next #WordCountPodcast, shall we?
Just please remember to read and follow the guidelines listed below and to #washyourdamnhands.
As you probably gathered from the annual theme of “animals and the multiple S’ in the title, the animal prompt for this month is a creature that I love, namely the SNAKE:
I’m calling the episode “Sssssilence.” Let’s see what our writers make of that!
We would love to hear from you, either with a story submission or via social media. There is a Facebook Page that could use a few ‘likes.’ The more listeners and contributors we have, the better the shows can be.
There are over 500 original stories at this point—all free for your listening pleasure; all we ask is for people to help get the word out. Click the link:
The Word Count Podcast Facebook Page
If you want to listen to the past (free) shows, the links below will take you to them:
There are ninety-four shows available right now!
THE WORD COUNT PODCAST – EPISODE 95 “Sssssilence”
DEADLINE: I must receive your submission by Sunday 26th April 2020 by MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
THE DETAILS: The work must be an original story in English based on the picture theme above.
Do NOT exceed SEVEN minutes.
As this is a podcast, I need to receive a file of YOU, a friend, or multiple friends reading (singing or otherwise performing) your work. MP3 FORMAT ONLY, and please attach your MP3 file to an e-mail or contact me for a Dropbox link.
Your submission MUST also contain the following:
- Your pen name
- Your latest bio (DO NOT ASSUME I HAVE YOUR LATEST) Links to your website(s) – Include your personal site, Facebook Fan page, etc.
- Your Twitter handle (if you have one)
- A photo of you I can use for the show notes
- At the end of your recording, please add “This is the author of […] and you’re listening to The Word Count Podcast.”
- Permission to use your recording in the podcast.
- PLEASE Make sure you have included ALL ARTIFACTS I have asked for. Do not assume I can “Get your picture from the internet” or can “Pull your bio from your web page.”
Send your file to me (at) rbwood (dot) com (or via the dropbox link I can provide) by 26 April 2020. You can also e-mail me with questions beforehand. I do reserve the right NOT to post your submission, but I will communicate that to you should it be the case. I add the ‘Explicit’ tag to the ‘cast, so if your story uses adult themes or language that’s ok—but it should be necessary for the story.
***NOTE: I will NOT accept stories that are discriminatory in ANY WAY (whether it be by race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.), or that include rape. ***